Thursday, May 29, 2014

'Arcades & Dragons'


Have any of you played the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games? They were awesome. 'Shadows Over Mystara' and 'Tower of Doom' were very interesting. They included so much of what is fun in a roleplaying game like D&D: secret rooms, weird monsters, treasure, adventure, and dragons, of course! One of my favourite parts was the swamp where the characters fight the baby black dragon. Admittedly, this is not a baby dragon, but you get the point (er, acid breath :P).

One of the things I really miss about modern D&D are the dragons. I quit paying attention after 3.o. They're just not my style. I miss the dragons from the old days. There is something charming about them, despite the obvious health risks they presented to characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment